Editing film process

 



After the conclusion of me filming the project, it was finally time to edit it. I opened up my ipad scrolled down my gallery to like all of the takes that we too from the park so that i can put it all together. After I chose between all of the videos, I asked my partner which platform was the best to put the scenes together and make a video. In about 20 minutes he responded and suggested that iMovie would be the better option because of all the things they have on their app to utilize. Another reason was because we used the app to do our other project and it came out perfectly so its only right to use it again. Once we confirmed to use iMovie, I opened the app and a couple of options popped up about what i wanted to make.
The options were to make a movie or trailer and i chose to create a trailer first. The reason why was because we wanted the opening to the film to be like a roundup to stir the minds of the individuals watching it so that they can become curious and eager to see the rest. After I chose the trailer option, I went into the liked category of my gallery and clicked on all the videos of the film we took on that Thursday so I could put them in order. In the beginning I was a bit confused because I lacked experience in creating things on iMovie but, as I continued to be on the app my mind came back and now I knew how to put everything together. In the format they had already set for me, I began to place each video in there correct order from 1-20 so that it can process and the app can notify if its good or not. The app indeed told me that the order was correct and gave me a few horror trailer formats to choose from. The formats to choose from were “spooky, terror, and halloween”. The format I chose was spooky because it was the one that fit the most to what I wanted purpose and viewer wise. After I picked the format , it gave me a quick preview with everything all together and put in place to judge from. It looked perfect but, I had to make a few adjustments to it title wise. In the video I wanted to hype up the film and call it the most anticipated film of the year and other things that film makers say to boost the stock. The studio of the film was Highdef Films which my friend made up the day before so I just utilized it for the project. I decided to put the name of the film at the end of the trailer so that its the last thing the viewer sees. If thats the last thing the viewer sees on the video then they aren’t going to forget it and its going to stay in their mind. The pictures in the trailer from the format included yellow crime scene tape, spider webs, a knife, and other things that give off a spooky, creepy impression of a film. This is exactly the thing I was looking for because thats what the film about which is a crime that happens at the park between a hooper and a local murder on the loose. In fact, the knife shown in the format is indeed the weapon used to kill the hooper on the scene. This is pretty much show in this trailer with the killer shown in a hoodie with the dagger in his hand ready to strike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research commercials

Research blog: Comedy